Sunday, March 21, 2010

At a conference, but not away

Over the years, I've been to a few great conferences. Where else can writers break loose and really be themselves except with other writers? No one else listens to me gush about writing without their eyes glazing over. :)

Because the budget's been tight, I can't afford the real deal. This year, I opted for the virtual kind. I signed up for today's Author Day at Book Bloggers and Publishers Online Conference. The conference began a few days ago, actually.

Here's a video explaining how the online conference works:



The lineup of publishers includes some big names -- Simon and Schuster, Dorchester and Penguin in addition to some epubs I'm lucky enough to be associated with, such as The Wild Rose Press, Eternal Press and Freya's Bower/Wild Child Publishing.

So I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works. Not as exciting as the real thing, but definitely more affordable, and hopefully the resources will be as helpful.

Check back on Wednesday and Thursday for write-ups.