Wednesday, September 29, 2010

In the Author Spotlight: Raine Delight

Cate: Please welcome Raine Delight. Raine, will you please share a short bio with us?
Raine: Hi Cate and thanks for having me. Sure thing. Here is my official bio on my website:
Raine Delight is a pseudonym of a self-professed book lover and after one too many TSTL characters, decided to see if she could write something a little better. Well many drafts later, Devon Falls series came to together. It was originally was to be one book but somehow ended up to 4 with a 5th and 6th one being planned for sometime in 2010. I write a paranormal contemporary series for Aspen Mountain and I am also branching out to other genres as I continue to listen to the voices in my head. Check out my book pages to see what is going on with me. My muse is a male nut who likes to leave me to go sip mai tais on the beach and leave me foundering for words; though eventually he takes pity on me and gets my words flowing and characters start settling down.
Personal notes: I live with my own boytoy and two kids. I love Johnny Depp movies and enjoy hiking, reading and watching movies with my family.

Cate: Ahh, Johnny Depp. :) Please tell us about Moonlight & Magic and where it's available.
Raine: Moonlight & Magic is my next Devon Falls story. Barring any editorial issues, it *should* be released sometime in October. My publisher is Aspen Mountain Press.

Cate: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Raine:
Tagline: Can a were-tiger convince one stubborn woman that she is his for all time and show her that falling in love is just as sinful as a chocolate kiss?
Blurb:
Dixie Sinclair has watched her cousins all fall in love and now she wants the same. Dared to go to the annual Masquerade ball, Dixie finds the one thing she desires: love…one problem…can she trust that it will last after that one night?
Michael Barnes is a rare white were-tiger who was thrown out of his pride long ago for a trumped up crime, Michael roams the world searching for the one place to call home. Finding that peace in Devon Falls, he finds the one woman who stirs him like no other. Can he convince Dixie that she can trust in him forever?

Cate: Oo, nice. What inspired you to write about the theme?
Raine: I love the idea of a special paranormal town where romance can happen to just about any one. Why should shifters, dream walkers, wizards, mages and the like be exempt from finding their soulmates? Devon Falls is a little bit of my small hometown and a few places I worked at in the past. Plus add in a dash of paranormal and a wicked imagination-VOILA!-Devon Falls was born. :)

Cate: How do you develop your plots and characters?
Raine: Well they talk to me actually. They tell me who they are little by little. :) Drives me crazy sometimes-feels like I am hearing voices but in the end, their story gets told. I have bibles for my series that I create, documents on names I like or dislike and other plot ideas that pop in my head at odd times.

Cate: I have a basket of those too! Do you feel as if the characters live with you as you write? Do they haunt your dreams?
Raine: Sometimes…..I don’t get that wake up dream/voice at 3 a.m. and just have to write but the characters I am concentrating on feel alive in my mind as I try to work out plot issues and such.

Cate: What's next for you?
Raine: I am finishing up a short Vampire BDSM and a sci-fi/futuristic ménage for submission then I am concentrating on a new trilogy I am creating about three Masters in a paranormal BDSM club. The first book is tentively called Desires Unleashed and focuses on Damien, a half-demon of lust, his lover and partner, Sim and the woman destined to be theirs: Larissa Deveroux. The second book is tentatively titled Ecstasy Unchained & centers on Larissa’s sister, Synarra and Dom, Tegan Wynters. Book three is not known to me yet.

Club Fantasy Premise:
What happens when your deepest, darkest fantasies want to be let out and you have no idea where to turn? Is there a place where you can find several partners to enjoy, be punished by your master and enjoy it, or be able to dominate the man of your dreams?
Welcome to Club Fantasy, where all your fantasies will be fulfilled in whatever manner you desire. Each room delivers a different fantasy and whatever you desire will claim you: heart, body and soul! Once you walk through those doors, be prepared to let those fantasies come alive!

Then I am finishing up my Devon Falls series with an introduction of elemental mage siblings and then who knows. LOL You can get an idea of what I am working on my website: http://authorrainedelight.com

Cate: Sounds great! Any other published works?
Raine: Aspen Mountain Press has five of my books currently:
Devon Falls series:
Sticky Magic (1) ~ can be found in Babes in Toyland II anthology and on it’s own.
Red Hot Magic (2)
Fiery Magic (3)
Haunting Magic (4)
Stand Alone Title:
Fairy Kisses & Magical Dreams

Cate: You're one busy woman! Describe your writing in three words.
Raine: Manic, rushed and satisfying.

Cate: What’s the most challenging aspect of writing? Most rewarding?
Raine: Oh god making sure I don’t head hop to death or over use-ing words. I am getting better but it is very hard to not translate what is in my head over into a document.
Rewarding? Seeing it go live on the website and finding that readers actually enjoyed the book. :)

Cate: Ah, that's always the reward. :) What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Raine: Oh man let me think……AJ at Dark Divas gave me my first recommended read with Haunting Magic which tickled me to death. Review is here for those who want to read it: http://ddrreviews.blogspot.com/2009/12/devon-falls-4-haunting-magic-by-raine.html

A reader once told me that they wished Devon Falls was real so they could go find those hunky guys. :)

Cate: I bet! :) Who are some of your favorite authors and books? What are you reading now?
Raine: Oh man you asked a very hard question because I have a ton of favorite authors….Jim Butcher, JD Robb, JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gail Z. Martin, Brent Weeks, Joss Ware/Colleen Gleason, Bertrice Small, Nora Roberts, Sherryl Woods, Sierra Dafoe, Lena Austin, Tilly Greene, CJ England, Andrew Grey, Claire Thompson, Clare London, Josh Lanyon and many, many more. I have over 4 bookcases plus an e-reader full of books.

Currently reading: L. A. Banks Vampire Huntress Series. AWESOME! I am on book #9, The Cursed and it kicks butt with a heroine who knows how to go after demons, vampires and evil. It has an awesome connection with characters and a storyline that leaves you gasping. I can not say enough about this series! Shoo….go and grab it. It is pure awesomeness. *grins*

Cate: Where can you be found on the web?
Raine: Ok, here are my links on where to find me online plus where to buy my books.
My links:
Website: http://authorrainedelight.com
Raine’s Book Nook Blog: http://Rainedelightbooknook.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Raine_Delight
Author/Reader Loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight
Email me: rainedelight@yahoo.com

Where to buy my books:
Aspen Mountain Press: www.aspenmountainpress.com
Fictionwise: www.fictionwise.com
All Romance E-books (Are): www.allromanceebooks.com
1Romance E-books: www.1romance.com
Amazon Kindle: www.amazon.com

Cate: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Raine: I love urban fantasy/paranormal books and it has exploded in the recent years. What are a few of your favorite UF/Paranormal authors you are reading.

Cate: Readers, Raine is giving away a book (any but Moonlight & Magic) to a random commenter... so start commenting. Raine will draw the winner’s name notify the winner and post the winner’s name here.

Thanks for being my guest Raine! Best of luck to you.