Friday, November 12, 2010

In the Author Spotlight: Cherri Miller

Cate: Please welcome Cherri Miller. Cherri, will you please share a short bio with us?
Cherri: Married 37 years, one son and 2 grandchildren. We live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area since 1989. We took a corporate transfer from North Jersey. I have worked in the insurance industry until 2 years ago when decided to go back to homemaking.

Cate: Ah, a Jersey girl like me. :) Tell us about Tangled Hearts and where it's available.
Cherri: Tangled Hearts is an erotic novel just released from Eternal Press.

Cate: Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Cherri: This is the story of young woman, Amanda Wilde, who goes about life chasing the things that charm her the most with little regard as to how her actions play on the lives of the people she encounters. Mandy has no time for a career and cares nothing abut feeling accomplished, she sees no purpose in most of the things adul’ts prize. In all of her life she has
always managed to have whatever she desires except for the alluring cad, Ian. Just when she is becoming confident that he will soon be hers he disappears from her grasp. The reason is so distressing that she is challenged to use all of her sexual prowess to regain him from the petite
brunette who has stolen him away.
But Ian knows Many well and makes plans to include her in his made up scheme so that can be near this wonderful new person, Pamela, while bedding Mandy to keep his body satisfied. Ian soon learns that the quietly sexy little brunette will rock his manhood and show him a new way to experience love. Mandy befriends the unsuspecting Pamela in her quest to regain Ian, she cannot help but like this person but that will not keep her from pursuing her goal.
Will she be able to lure the rakish Ian back into her life or will her desire for him introduce her to a new man that crosses her path on her quest?

Cate: Great. Such a striking cover too. Can you tell us why we're going to love your hero?
Cherri: The real hero in the story is not the main character but rather the secondary person whose goodness shows the others that even though we don’t always get what we think we want life can be good and our futures bright.

Cate: Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Cherri: The main character is based on a real life person in my life…shhhhh.

Cate: Mum's the word. What's next for you?
Cherri: I have started another book about a girl who leaves home, at advice of her grandmother, to join the air force so that she can improve on her life prospects. She meets the person that will be become best friend and the man of her dreams. But her quest will take her places she never imagined possible.

Cate: What inspired you to draft your first story?
Cherri: I have been told that journaling one's frustrations was helpful so when I found myself terribly frustrated with a person in the family I started to journal my thoughts. I was sharing my journal, which I wrote in story form, with a co-worker one day because we shared similar family issues. She joked with me that it sounded more like a romance novel than it did a journal. I love romance novels and Tangled Hearts was born.

Cate: Do you have a writing routine?
Cherri: Yes, I try to spend some time everyday either actually writing or drafting ideas in my head. I do a lot writing in my head and lots of nights when I can’t sleep create ideas. I wrote a lot of Tangled Hearts while walking on the treadmill or on sleepless nights.

Cate: Where can readers find you on the web?
Cherri: www.cherrismiller.com, Facebook as Cherri Lammers Miller.

Cate: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Cherri: Lots of stuff but mostly, what draws them to a story?

Cate: Thanks for being my guest, Cherri! Best of luck with Tangled Hearts!