Thursday, December 16, 2010

Like the new look?

Whew. Yesterday was a productive day, but not for writing. I gave the blog an overhaul. How do you like it? I think it’s a cleaner look, don’t you? Easier to read, and I packed lots more info from my web site, mostly about my books.

Mimicking my web site, each book has its own offshoot page from the main Books page to showcase it individually with the blurb, reviews, trailer and excerpt. For an example, take a look at the page for Seventh Heaven.

Additional changes are in the works. In 2011, I'll have frequent posts, but not every day. I feel a real need to slow things down. Likewise, Author Spotlights will appear on a page rather than a post, probably beginning in March, as I already have some authors scheduled. They'll also be on a set weekly schedule to give authors a full week rather than a day in the Spotlight. It will also allow my blog to function more like a web site.

Which brings up an issue I’ve been wondering about. After doing a wonderful job redesigning her blog, Susan Gourley began the discussion about whether an author really needs a web site if a blog can handle all their info.

What do you think? If an author only has a blog, but it’s put together well and you can find what you need, would a web site be redundant?

Mine now feels as if it is. I actually like my blog better than my web site since the revamp.

Thoughts? Input? Feedback? I’d love any or all.