Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New release - Just the Right Amount of Wrong

Just the Right amount of Wrong is now available on Kindle and Smashwords for just $1.99!

This novella's been sitting on my hard drive for years. It's been through countless revisions, and the story line's finally where I want it. 

When I saw this image, I knew it was perfect for the cover. :) This story's a little steamier than I usually write, but these two characters knew what they wanted - each other.




Here's a short excerpt:

For an awkward moment, he hesitated, a mix of admiration and fear plain on his face. “Hello.”
Though she suspected the answer, she asked, “Would you like to come in, or should we go?” Her stomach tightened when she imagined him stepping inside, closing the door and locking it, that predator heat shining in his eyes. So much for being immune to such thoughts.
“Sorry. The last time I came to your front door, your father said something about removing some of my vital organs before he’d let me cross the threshold. Has he grown more tolerant?”
Flashing a grin, she recalled the night so long ago. “Probably not. But he moved to Florida, where I’m assuming he deals with many more nationalities than here.” Sara never felt comfortable at Rav’s house either. His mother’s tight smiles did little to hide her disapproval, and when she learned that Sara knew Spanish, stopped conveying her dismay to her son – at least while Sara was near.
“Does he know I’m here?” Rav peered inside with no hint of humor.
The question took her off guard. “No.”
“Then I shouldn’t come in.”
Respectful as ever. She never could understand why her parents objected to Rav, always twice the gentleman as other boys. Except that he was Latino; ‘not our kind’, her mother used to say. They held even his politeness against him, claiming it false.
Remembering only made her angry with her parents’ smallmindedness all over again. “I’ll get my purse.”
Spying the solar lights on the dining room table, she cursed herself for forgetting. If she didn’t let them recharge outdoors today, she’d suffer the darkness tonight. Grabbing them, she shut the door behind her and smiled. “Ready?”

I hope you'll come back tomorrow to check out the Casting Call for this story!