Monday, June 20, 2011

Release day for Rock Bottom!

Woo hoo! I'm so excited that Rock Bottom's now available from Lyrical Press!

What's better than release day?

Here's part of the review:
I was captivated by this story just from its blurb. I am a very big music fan and did watch Rock of Love so I found it very interesting to see how an author could make a story from that concept. And Cate Masters did it perfectly! One of the things I am very fond of when I read is the imagery authors try to portrait and Cate does it beautifully. The way she describes the scenery of the house, the hills and sand gives you a perfect picture in your mind. She showed just how important communication is in any relationship, just to say what is on your mind and not assume or guess what the other person might be feeling or thinking. The chemistry, tension and conflicts between the characters were written exceptionally well, made me keep turning the page to see how they were going to resolve some of their issues. She writes a perfect example of forbidden love….knowing you shouldn’t be with that particular person but just can’t deny it and have that inability to say no. It had just the right amount of steamy scenes as well, did not feel thrown in just for the sake of having one like some other stories I have read. Anyone who grew up in the 80’s will appreciate the music references in this book as well, had be nodding my head yes in more than one occasion lol. 

Woot! Ivelese made my week! Thanks so much!

Here's the blurb:

For rocker Jet Trently, success means playing the same platinum-selling hits over and over. Philly rock journalist Billie Prescott thrives on covering the latest releases. When her editor sends her to Malibu to cover Jet’s reality dating show, Rock Bottom, her blog’s success keeps her trapped there. Her life’s at Rock Bottom too, until she hears Jet’s new songs. They touch her heart as his music did when she was 15. When Jet touches her heart as well, will the reality show ruin the real thing?


I have another new post over at Sherry Gloag's blog today too, so I hope you'll pop over and say hi! From Sunday through Wednesday, I'll have a new post each day. I'd love for you to visit!