Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two new contracts!

In the mood for a little trip down the Vegas strip? I am! I am over the moon. When I learned of Decadent Publishing's 1NS series, it sounded so fun, I had to write one. Well, I found it a little bit addicting, so one turned into two.


I was ecstatic to get the emails last week saying Decadent loved my stories too! The first, Tonight You Belong to Me, is a contemporary inspired by the song of the same name. I'm also addicted to Eddie Vedder's Ukelele Songs and his version of the song with Cat Power is so bittersweet. But I'll let you judge:





*sigh* Even with no graphics, it's wonderful, isn't it? Tonight You Belong to Me's heroine is a sassy Southern girl, not unlike my wonderful mother-in-law Grace, to whom I'm going to dedicate the story. Her verve and feistiness always inspired me. :)


The second story's a fantasy with some historical and time travel elements. A Hard Day's Knight gives a little nod to my Beatles obsession from my youth, as well as my love of Arthurian tales. Along with Tolkien, I loved reading books like The Once and Future King about Arthur and Merlin. This story centers on Lancelot and Guinevere and the evil sorceress Morgan le Fay. Set in modern day, it still throws in some medieval magic. It was such a lot of fun to write!



Have you checked out Decadent's 1NS series yet? The stories all look fantastic!