Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In celebration of e-books


March 8-14 is Read an E-Book Week. More new epresses appear every week, and readers are embracing e-books. While readership has fallen for print books, ebooks have enjoyed a growing number of readers. I have a growing cache of e-stories myself.
Although a little late, I’ll help celebrate Read an E-Book Week on March 19. On that day, The Wild Rose Press will release my short story, Seventh Heaven. I’ll hold a contest and give away one PDF copy.
As a child of the 1960s, I incorporated the music I loved while growing up in the Lambertville/New Hope area, where the story is set. James is named for James Paul McCartney (pardon me, I should say “Sir” these days), my idol as one of the youngest Beatlemaniacs (I was five when they first appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show, and I vividly remember falling in love with him that night). The Music Circus existed until the late Seventies, and Judy Collins did perform there, and makes a cameo appearance in my story. But I won’t give too much away – you’ll have to come back on the 19th to try to win a copy, or go to the Wild Rose Press site and purchase one (only a few dollars – for a good cause, to help a struggling author).
The trailer is below. I took all the photos of New Hope and Lambertville on a trip home last fall. It was nearly sunset, so the light was perfect - rich color hues, deep shadows, brilliant rays of sunshine. My extraordinarily talented son wrote the music. Hope you like it.