Saturday, April 18, 2009

Oh, the pain of the cut!

So, my urban fantasy, Surfacing, didn’t make the next cut of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. I took five minutes to wallow in sheer misery, then moved on. I queried the Irene Goodman Literary Agency, so we’ll see if the editorial assistant recognizes brilliance or not. Ha! No, but seriously, this urban fantasy has definite mass market appeal, I believe, so I’m confident it will find a home somewhere. I had some great feedback while the excerpt was online at Amazon (wow, it looked so cool up there!) so I can use that to help make my pitch.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the excerpt and leave me a review. I can’t tell you how much it means to me. I'm so grateful for your support.
It’s been a pretty exciting year with my epress releases, but now I need to conquer the print world too. So keep thinking good thoughts for me, both for Surfacing, and for Angels Sinners and Madmen, the historical romance/adventure now circulating as well. Another women’s fiction novel, The Bridge Between, is with a small publisher who likes it very much, but can’t quite commit to it yet. We’ll see on that one. I think 2009 will be my year yet.
I may have some new contract news soon. Waiting to hear back on three submissions to epresses. Meanwhile, I’ll keep working on the five other WIPs! (Technically, it's seven, but I'm stuck on two.) Gotta keep moving.
And I haven't forgotten Marketing Madness. More on that next week.