Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New contract for historical novel!

My gloomy Wednesday brightened when I opened my email and found - a new contract! Hooray! Freya's Bower will release my historical adventure-romance novel, Angels Sinners and Madmen, set in 1800s Key West.
About five years ago, my family went to Key West for a vacation. While visiting a mariner museum, I had a vivid vision of a story (no alcohol was involved, I swear!). It hijacked my few days on the island. While my husband and kids went snorkeling and parasailing, I spent the day in the Key West library, copying any and all old documents I could dredge up from the stacks. Then I visited another museum, the house of a wrecker captain.
Finally, last year, I decided I'd waited long enough. I signed up for NaNoWriMo and wrote the bulk of Angels Sinners and Madmen.
What's a wrecker, you ask? Well, you'll have to read my novel to find out! They're fascinating, actually. And though I was not interested in the subject of history in school, I found writing a historical fascinating, too.
I'll post more on Angels Sinners and Madmen later. Right now, it's time for a happy dance!