Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New contract for historical novel!

My gloomy Wednesday brightened when I opened my email and found - a new contract! Hooray! Freya's Bower will release my historical adventure-romance novel, Angels Sinners and Madmen, set in 1800s Key West.
About five years ago, my family went to Key West for a vacation. While visiting a mariner museum, I had a vivid vision of a story (no alcohol was involved, I swear!). It hijacked my few days on the island. While my husband and kids went snorkeling and parasailing, I spent the day in the Key West library, copying any and all old documents I could dredge up from the stacks. Then I visited another museum, the house of a wrecker captain.
Finally, last year, I decided I'd waited long enough. I signed up for NaNoWriMo and wrote the bulk of Angels Sinners and Madmen.
What's a wrecker, you ask? Well, you'll have to read my novel to find out! They're fascinating, actually. And though I was not interested in the subject of history in school, I found writing a historical fascinating, too.
I'll post more on Angels Sinners and Madmen later. Right now, it's time for a happy dance!


Lisa Logan said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for you. Looking forward to more news on this upcoming release.


Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Cate,
Congratulations on the new contract. You deserve it after all your hard work, and it is certainly a worthy novel, a great cover for a great story.