Monday, November 2, 2009
Second basket o'books
The Midtown Scholar Bookstore will celebrate the first national National Bookstore Day with a giveaway basket of books by central Pennsylvania authors known collectively as The Susquehanna Writers.
Central Pennsylvanians named The Midtown Scholar as the region’s top independent bookstore for six years running.
Publishers Weekly encouraged independent bookstores across the country to celebrate their vibrant culture. Midtown Scholar patrons will have the opportunity to win a basket full of great reads such as:
• The Yellow Stone by T.M. Crone
• It Came from Beyond the Sun by Mike Silvestri (mystery)
• Thy Kingdom Come by Don Helin (military thriller)
• One Soul for Sale by Cate Masters (dark fantasy)
• Picture This by Cate Masters (contemporary women’s fiction)
• The Greater Good by Susan Kelley (fantasy), plus a jeweled book thong
• Spark of Magic by Lily Stone (fantasy; in PDF format on CD)
• Night of the Walrus by Dennis Royer (mystery)
The Midtown Scholar Bookstore has hosted author events for several members of The Susquehanna Writers, including Don Helin and Mike Silvestri. Readers can learn more information about The Susquehanna Writers at http://thesusquehannawriters.blogspot.com.
Bookstore representative Catherine Lawrence agreed to host the giveaway to help the listed authors promote their works and to encourage customers to celebrate National Bookstore Day. “Like other independent bookstores, the Midtown Scholar provides a vital service to the community. We hope residents will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to support local authors and learn about all the Midtown has to offer.”
No purchase is required to enter the giveaway. To enter, visit the Midtown Scholar Bookstore at 1302 North Third Street (across from Broad Street Market) in Harrisburg. The drawing will take place on Nov. 21.
Visit the store online at www.midtownscholar.com.
Below is a photo of the basket (pumpkin not included).