Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunshine, liars and friends

It might make a good book title, but actually, those are the recent awards my blog has been lucky enough to garner.

Sunshine Award
Diane Craver gave my blog a Sunshine Award. Thanks Diane!

According to the guidelines, I will:
Put the logo on your blog in my post.
Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
Link the nominees within this post.
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

So here are my twelve Sunshine Award nominees:
Susan Gourley
Laurie J. Edwards
Emma Lai
Helen Hardt
Mary Ricksen
Joanna Aislinn
Rebecca J. Clark
Sharon Donovan
PL Parker
Rachel Brimble
Paty Jager
Alice Audrey

Circle of Friends Award
Susan Gourley gave my blog the Circle of Friends Award. Thanks Susan!

I've strived to visit other authors' blogs. It’s been great to open my blog to feature other authors to widen the circle of friends, too.

To widen your circle of friends, I hope you’ll visit these great blogs:

Chiron O’Keefe’s The Write Soul
The Susquehanna Writers
E. Nina Rothe
Julia Smith

And finally, the trickiest of the three. The Best Liar Award. Good thing this is in print, because I don't have a good poker face. Per the rules, I will:

1: Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them.
2: Add the award to your blog.
3: Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and One Truth.
4: Nominate six creative liars... I mean writers and post links to them.
5: Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.

Okay. First, Thanks to Ginger Simpson!

The award appears in the lower right corner of my blog.

Next, the seven statements, one of which is truthful. If you think you know which is the truth, leave a comment. If any guess correctly, I'll give one person his or her choice of any of my backlisted titles, which you can find on my web site.

1. I speak fluent French.
2. My great grandfather was a world explorer.
3. I've traveled to three countries.
4. I once was in an all-girl rock band.
5. I've raised prize-winning guinea pigs.
6. A six-foot snake lives in my yard.
7. My poetry appears in college textbooks as examples of fine craftsmanship.

Ahem. The dubious distinction, I mean honor, I now pass along to:

Devil’s Oak
Mike Silvestri
Maggie Dove
Arianna Skye
Beth Trissel
Sandra Sookoo

Congrats guys! As Ginger noted, these awards may make for an extra workload, but anything we do to get our name out on search engines helps promote our work. And like the commercial says, we're worth it!


Sarah Grimm said...

Hmmm, the one truth? I honestly have no idea. How about you really have raised prize-winning guinea pigs...

Julia Smith said...

Congrats on all of your awards, Cate! *applause*

Thank you so much for the Circle of Friends award. Definitely one I treasure.

As for the one you really have examples of your poetry in a textbook?

Ginger Simpson said...

Do you really speak fluent french?

Honestly Cate, I'm so happy you continued the fun. It's evident by all the awards you're receiving that people enjoy what you do. Keep it up!

Laurie J. Edwards said...

Thanks for the award, Cate! It's nice to see my name in there with so many illustrious names. As for the guess, I'm going with the all-girl rock band.

Cate Masters said...

It's killing me to keep mum, but you'll find out this weekend! :)

Paty Jager said...

Thank you for the Sunshine award. I'll display it with pride on Friday. I don't want to push Amber Leigh off my blog before her time is up.

Alice Audrey said...

Great haul of awards. I'll be glad to accept the Sunshine. Thanks!

You are going to tell us which is true at some point, right? I'm betting on the six foot snake.

Cate Masters said...

Absolutely Paty, I'd never ask anyone to do that! Take your time. :)

Cate Masters said...

Ha ha, yes, Audrey. Can't reveal the truth before this weekend though. :)

Mary Ricksen said...

Hmmmmm. You speak French to your guinea pigs, and the snake, while writing the poetry and reminicing
about the rock band?

No, well maybe just the French?

Thanks for the award! I love that you picked me! Now I just have to figure out how to post it!

Sharon Donovan said...

Hello Cate. Thank you for the award, oh such an honor to be among such a fine group of people! Hmm. With St. Patrick's Day right around the bend, I'm willin' to bet the Irish pig these are all a bunch o' blarney, me sweet lass Catie!
Now with you and Ginger bestowin all these awards on me, me own head is spinnin'!

Cate Masters said...

Too funny Mary! I'll email you about the graphic. :)

Cate Masters said...

You just have the luck o' the Irish, Sharon! Everyone loves to visit your blog - it's always a fun party!

Sandra Sookoo said...

I think you've raised guinea pigs. :-) Thanks for passing the award on ;-)

Susan Kelley said...

Thank you for the Sunshine Award. I'll be glad to pass it along. You are quite welcome for the Circle of Friends Award.
As for truth, I think you have visited three different countries.

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Thanks so much for the Sunshine Award. On this dreary NW day, I can certainly use this.


Cate Masters said...

Thanks everyone! This has been fun. Now the time has come to fess up. Alice Audrey guessed the truth amongst the falsehoods. I do have a six-foot snake living in my yard. Every time I find its long yucky skin shedded in my garden it freaks me out. Oh, and in the tree. For some reason it loves to slither up the cherry tree and leaves its old skins dangling there like some voodoo magic or something. I never thought to look *up* for snakes until I moved here. (But we fare better than our neighbors, who has them in their basement. *shudder*)
So on to more pleasant business... Alice, you have your voice of any story - just let me know which and I will email you the PDF!
Have a great weekend, all!

Chiron said...

Hmmm... I don't know which one is true, but by golly, I sure hope it's The All Girl Rock Band because then we can jam together!! Woot!!

Thanks for the lovely award, my dear! *grin* It's an honor and a definite pleasure to know you!! I'll definitely be passing this on soon.

--Chiron O'Keefe

Cate Masters said...

How cool would that be, Chiron? If only I could play something other than Imagine on the piano, lol.

Alice Audrey said...

Thank you!!!!!

Chiron said...

Wow, Cate, if you can play Imagine, I can accompany you on guitar and sing. *grin*

It's a start!! :-D

Cate Masters said...

Hope you enjoy Wilderness Girl, Alice! Per your request, it's on its way to you. (Ironic, since it also contains a six-foot snake! Ha ha)

Cate Masters said...

Oo, Chiron, and we could both dress in white like in John's video. One of us would have to affect Yoko's zombie-dreamy look, ha ha. Or not. :)