Monday, May 23, 2011

Clever marketing

What an awesome marketing plan! I'm sure you've seen this, but The Centers for Disease Control put out a blog post instructing people on how to prepare for a zombie apocalypse.

Yep, the genius who thought this up deserves a raise. Or a contract as a Hollywood promoter. :) How savvy, to tap into the current zombie craze to get out their  own message? Wish I could hire this person to promote my books.

Another example of an excellent marketing tool is this book trailer:

It looks more like a movie trailer, doesn't it? And it's only 30 seconds long. Oh, to have the big production bucks!

But the CDC blog post proves you don't need the big bucks. Just a great idea.

Have you noticed any really great promotions lately? Or have you thought of any for your books? Please share!


Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh, wow, they're both great!!
I love book trailers and am going to do one but sheesh that one was amazingly good.

Arlene said...

Yep, that book trailer is awesome and how funny about the blog post on how to prepare for zombies. I took a qiz and failed badly on how I'd do when it happens. I just have to get over my squirmishness over axing a loved one in the head, and I need to stock more than bread and eggs or I'll be eating brains alongwith.

Cate Masters said...

Isn't it Jennifer? Wish I knew how to incorporate video into a trailer. I've been trying to recruit my daughters for a few but they're camera shy. :)

Arlene, if I could come up with a snappy angle like that, it'd be so cool! :)