Saturday, May 14, 2011

Delving into design

Although it's a bit tedious searching for cover images, it's very cool to find one that fits a story. I've been sifting through so many lately on Dreamstime, I lose track. My objectivity's always better the next day anyway, so I copy the links of the images, along with a sample copy of the image itself, into a Word document.

It's amazing how altering the key words in a search can produce vastly different images, even though the search terms themselves may not be so different.

Thinking I might be missing out, I also checked the Shutterstock site, and was surprised to find many of the same images posted there as well. After my disastrous visit to another art site, I'm sticking with Dreamstime to minimize exposure to any potential viruses (I'm overly cautious these days!).


And because I'm so excited about this one (and it's finished, lol), here's the cover to my upcoming urban fantasy, Dead to Rights, set for release in July.What do you think?


Here's a quick (unofficial) teaser:
Identity theft sucks. But it’s worse when someone steals your life -- body included. All memory of her life before waking up in a mental facility has vanished. Or was erased. Now she has to figure out how to get it all back. 

Now I'm off to work on a few more, for new stories, and re-releases.

What about you? Do you have a favorite image site? Any tricks to share as far as finding that perfect image? What sort of images catch your eye?