Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog award

I have to admit to being a terrible award recipient. I love the idea of blog awards but my time online's so limited these days, it's a challenge to keep up with them. 


But LD Masterson was so kind in awarding my blog The Irresistibly Sweet Blog award, I'll pass it along. 

Rules: 

1. Thank and link to the person who nominates you - Thanks so much, LD Masterson! LD has a wonderful blog - you should check it out. 

2. Share seven random facts about you - Here they are - hope they don't put you to sleep:

I love to experiment in the kitchen but rarely do because my family's so picky. However, I occasionally will spring a new dessert on them (hey, if they don't like it, more for me! There's a method to my madness, bwahaha). In fact, that award button's making me hungry right now.

I could write until the day I die and still not finish everything I want to do. In fact, my muse will probably continue to toss ideas at me post-mortem. Maybe that will be my hell.

I love love love to be in exotic places, but hate to travel. Quite the conundrum.

I think it's important to challenge myself. There's a great saying: Do one thing every day that scares you. Except bungee jumping. I see no benefit in that, but plenty of bruising.

The older I get, the more afraid of heights I am. Not sure why, as I have no more common sense now than when I was ten and jumped off my parents' roof. Luckily, we lived in a rancher, not a three-story home. Or the top floor of an apartment building.

Most of my career has centered around media-related jobs - I've worked for an online political news site owned by AP, was the Membership and Member Services Director for the state newspaper association for many years, and briefly wrote as a freelance journalist.


The above, coupled with the fact that I attended Catholic school for the first eight grades, explains why I'm such a stickler (yep, I'm anal) for grammar and spelling. Math, not so much.

3. Pass this award to five new blogging friends -
And here they are:

Susan Kelley/Gourley

 
Arlene Webb


Barbara Elsborg

Chrystalla Thoma


DL Jackson

(Sorry about the weird spacing. Blogger's such a bugger these days. I tried to fix it, I really did.)

4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers - I'll rely on their web alerts to do that, so if they don't reciprocate, that's okay too. But I heartily encourage you to check out each and every one of the awardees.


But seriously, as of today, I'm making it official. This blog is an award-free zone. Your comments are award enough! I do appreciate your kindness, though, and hope you'll stop by to say hi often. :)


4 comments:

LD Masterson said...

Well, I'm glad I slipped this award in under the wire. I enjoyed reading your "random facts".

Angela Brown said...

You've got some interesting random facts. I especially like the dessert factoid :-)

Maria Zannini said...

I think there's a medical reason about the heights thing as we get older. But I'd forgotten what it was. (That's also age related.) :grin:

Re: awards
I generally don't participate in these blog awards.

I appreciate them, but I won't post the artwork because it crowds my page. And I rarely play the game because most of my posts are already planned.

Cate Masters said...

Thanks guys! This week's been especially tough to get online but I'll pop around to your blogs when I can.