Friday, January 13, 2012

2011 Top Ten Blogs for Writers

On Tuesday, I gave you a peek at the site voted as number one on the Write to Done site (also a great resource, btw).

Here's the full list, along with their tag lines:

1. Storyfix: "Get it written. Get it right. Get it published."

2. Men with Pens - "world class web design and copywriting that bring you results"

3. Make a living writing - "practical help for hungry writers"

4. Cats Eye Writer - "for bloggers who write and writers who blog"

5. The Renegade Writer - "living and loving the freelance life on your own terms"

6. Writer Unboxed - "about the craft and business of fiction"

7. Word Play - "helping writers become authors"

8. The Creative Penn - "helping you write, publish and sell your book"

9. Victoria Mixon, editor

10. Courage 2 Create 

My blog roll's become too long (I really need to organize it - any suggestions?) so I added these top ten, plus the ten finalists, under the Links to Like page.

8 comments:

Paul Tobin said...

Thanks for this post Kate,very useful. I have just tweeted it

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Men with Pens - i like that!

Cate Masters said...

Thanks Paul! I subscribe to Write to Done, it's a great blog too.
So many excellent writing blogs, Alex. It's tough to keep up!

J. A. Bennett said...

cool. Thanks for the links!

LD Masterson said...

Some of these are new to me. Have to pay them a visit. Thanks.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

thanks for the links. I'm going to check them out

cleemckenzie said...

Blogs are so different that I have a hard time which ones are better than others. I just know I relate to some more than others (highly subjective) and that I tend to visit those more regularly.

Good for you in being able to choose the top ones.

Cate Masters said...

Oh no, I didn't choose them. Viewers voted at the Write to Done blog. I tend to scroll through my blog roll to see which headers jump out at me. Not the most scientific method, but it works for me timewise.