Sunday, January 15, 2012

SSS: Time warp

Thanks so much for visiting for SSS. I love all your comments, and can't wait to read your six.

Time for another peek at my fantasy with elements of Arthurian legend, a witch or two thrown in for good measure, and a brief hint of time travel - A Hard Day's Knight. In this scene, Lance gets his first look at Gwyn. Hm, or has he seen her before?

He distantly registered Darien leaning against his arm, whispering something, and Kurt adding a comment and a guffaw. 
But the light glinting against her golden locks gave her an angelic appearance. He imagined his fingers working the laces along the front of her bodice, unfastening them, letting the full green skirt pool around her ankles to reveal that creamy silken skin he’d so missed. Craved.

Hitching up her gown, she glided toward them like a swan across a lake. When she fixed her green eyes on him, he scrambled to his feet, dumbfounded as a peasant before a princess.

Check out all the fantastic sixes at Six Sentence Sunday. Have a wonderful week!

22 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Love his reaction! A great six! :)

Lisa Fox said...

Oh my, it sounds like he has it bad!

Paula Martin said...

Great imagery, Cate :-)

Gem Sivad said...

Fantastic description of her and his response. Well done! (Love the whole concept of the story). :)

Angela Guillaume said...

Love this! He seems so vulnerable in this piece. x

Siobhan Muir / Meg Palevich said...

I love his nervous male reaction. I'm curious of those fantasies were memories or wishful thinking. Fun six, Cate. :)

lilashaw.com said...

I definitely get the impression he's smitten. :)

Liz said...

beautifully done.

melissamackinnon said...

This is great! I love the imagery and the style here. Its so nice to see something historical! I will be looking forward to more!

Patricia Green said...

I think he's in over his head, which is the best way to be. Terrific 6!

Laura Kaye said...

Love how affected he is by her!

Ginger Simpson said...

What a great vision you've portrayed. Love it Cate. Can't wait to read more.

Michael Offutt, Evolved Monkey said...

I love everything Arthur. It's not called the age of romance for nothin'. hehe great stuff.

Vivien Dean said...

Love the sheer romanticism of this. Thanks for sharing!

Sue Ann Bowling said...

As I remember my Arthur, he's heading for trouble.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Very descriptive.

Alix said...

Wonderful description. Great six.

diannehartsock said...

'a peasant before a princess'. I love that! Wonder if they've indeed met before, or only in his dreams? You have me curious. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Love his internal reaction in this one! Very well done - I was totally in the scene! :)

Pippa Jay said...

Aww, he's got it bad. Love the descriptions in this. :)

Sherry Gloag said...

Wonderful descriptions.

Jayel Kaye said...

his reaction says so much