Sunday, February 19, 2012

SSS: Jillian's about to put Sin City in her rearview mirror

Thanks so much for visiting each week! And special thanks to those who comment.

I'm switching it up this week. Here's the opener to my  1NS story releasing Feb. 24, Tonight You Belong to Me, and a peek at who I imagined as Jillian: 

Nervous as a virgin in a prison rodeo, Jillian Jones tugged down her form-fitting silk sheath as she stepped into the Castillo Resort lounge. 
She had enough problems without her dress riding up. She’d already had her heart chewed up and spit out by that two-timing Casanova, Danny O’Malley. Why she’d agreed to do one last favor for Karenna before hightailing it out of Sin City, she couldn’t say. Yet something in her heart told her she wouldn’t regret tonight. Maybe it would change her life.

Check out all the fantastic participants at Six Sentence Sunday. Have a great week!

20 comments:

Liz Fielding said...

Neat six, Jillian. I'm hooked. :)

Sandra Sookoo said...

Loved this snippet!

Alix Cameron said...

Awesome six..I want next week now.

Anonymous said...

Great 6, loved your metaphors!

Angela Quarles said...

Anonymous = me, this blogger commenting form drives me nuts, LOL!

Sherry Gloag said...

Loved it, of course this night is going to change her life! LOL you have me wanting more.

D'Ann said...

Virgin in a prison rodeo! You had me!

Jenna said...

Loved the way you set up her character so neatly in just six sentences. Sounds like another great 1Night Stand. Congrats!

sue said...

Maybe it will....

Sara Walter Ellwood / Cera duBois said...

Loved the six! I'd read more!

gemma parkes said...

Let's hope it does, great snippet!

Vivien Dean said...

Great opening, well done!

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Love this sentence: "She had enough problems without her dress riding up." That could be my motto some days LOL.

Dakota Trace said...

Oooo another sexy contribution to the 1NS series. Good luck with your release...and loved this six.

Sue Ann Bowling said...

I'm afraid the virgin in a prison rodeo just confused me, but the rest is good.

Ginger Simpson said...

Great hook...and I'll bet something is about to change her life. Loved it!

Stacia Kelly said...

Hate it when those dresses do that ;)Great six!

diannehartsock said...

Wonder what she has to do...

Nick Kelly said...

@Stacia - I actually appreciate it very much when your dresses do that.

Good character introspection. Sounds like she's gonna find some inner strength to get through her next challenge.

Gayle said...

Great teasing snippet!