Sunday, June 3, 2012

SSS: First peek at Orion Rising

Hey Sixers! Thanks so much for visiting, and thanks especially for your comments. 

I've taken a leap with my latest release - backward, actually, about ten years when I wrote this literary novel. I decided to self-pub it this year under my other pen name, C.A. Masterson. So here's the opener of Orion Rising, a family saga spanning the Sixties through the Nineties, with mythology of the constellations, love and loss, rock and roll, drugs and heartache, written from the multiple POVs of three siblings:

In every face, I looked for his. I knew in my heart it wouldn’t be him. Logic said that after twenty-five years, he’d no longer be a boy. But logic couldn’t stop my heart from breaking, again and again. Yet I never stopped looking.
I couldn’t.

I'll be making it a freebie on Amazon at some point, so I hope you'll grab a copy when I do.

Check out the fantastic Six Sentence authors here. Have a great week!

15 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

You've definitely intrigued me with this one. Looking forward to reading more! :)

Laura Kaye said...

Poignant six! Good luck with the book! :)

Kate said...

Oh, that's so sad! Looking forward to more.

Lisa Fox said...

Wow, poignant is definitely the word for this six!

Fairday Morrow said...

Sounds great! I am definitely curious to know more. The storyline you mentioned is quite interesting. Can't wait to read more.

~Jess

Ana Hart said...

Wow, I love the voice in that snippet. Thanks for sharing and I'll definitely want to check it out when it goes free on Amazon! (And I love that cover, too.)

-Ana Hart from XOXO and All That Jazz
http://anahart03.blogspot.com/

sue said...

Telling a story over 30 years and from three POV takes a lot of organization and research - my kind of story - congrats

melissamackinnon said...

I'll be grabbing my free copy! lol Intriguing six, thanks for posting it!

Veronica Scott said...

Very evocative, felt so sorry for her, always searching! Really terrific six!

Monica Enderle Pierce said...

So much longing in these six. Lovely writing.

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Nice opening. Obviously a lot of back story, and I hope there's a resolution in the future. I'll be watching Amazon.

angelaquarles.com said...

Poignant 6 Cate!

followingthesunset said...

Love the story line. Good use of dialogue which brings out emotion for the readers. Good six!

Siobhan Muir / Meg Palevich said...

Intriguing six, Cate. Always searching for someone who isn't there. Nicely done.

Pippa Jay said...

Aww, I feel so sad for her!