Monday, September 17, 2012

Death Is A Bitch blog tour kickoff and Favorites Blog Hop

There's so much going on this week! Today's post is a two-parter, as the header implies.

The blog tour for Death Is A Bitch begins today! I'm very excited to bring this dark paranormal with humorous/romantic/erotic elements to readers. Adventurous Erotic Romance is hosting Death today, so I hope you'll pop over.

And Crossroads was kind enough to do a review, for which I'm very grateful. I know how swamped reviewers are these days.

Tomorrow's yet another tour stop! It's going to be a whirlwind week. The full schedule's here. I hope you'll follow Death on her tour. One commenter will receive an ebook of Death Is A Bitch at the end of the tour.

I'm also grateful to Bewitching Book Tours for doing such a fantastic job of arranging the tour.

And I couldn't miss out on another blog hop put together by the Ninja himself, Alex Cavanaugh, even though I have a terrible time selecting favorites of anything. It depends on my mood, and tends to shift as I grow older, but here goes!

Favorite music
Currently, in the center console of my car, where I most often listen to CDs these days, you'll find these, many of which defy or cross genres:
The Black Keys
Bruce Springsteen
The Avett Brothers
Norah Jones
Tom Petty (Tom always sneaks in there, lol. He's like a cozy, comfy sweater.)

Favorite books
I'm going to widen this to favorite authors, a tough thing to do, because my shelves are jammed with a wide range of amazing authors, and so now is my Kindle. My top four are Michael Chabon, Alice Hoffman, T.C. Boyle, and most recently, Dean Koontz. While most are literary fiction, some dabble in speculative and fantasy or horror.

Favorite movies
Different times of year prompt me to watch different movies. At Halloween, I love Young Frankenstein. Over the holidays, I love Home for the Holidays, The Family Stone and It's A Wonderful Life. The rest of the year, favorites include Avatar, Benny and Joon, Almost Famous, A Life Less Ordinary and Pirate Radio. (As you might have surmised, most movies with quirky characters win me over, regardless of genre!)

Guilty pleasure
I have no guilt about any of them, actually. As noted above, my tastes shift, so I love many contemporary artists. Don't ever tell me I'm too old to listen to a new band! :)

Thanks for stopping by. Now hop on over to Alex Cavanaugh's site to visit other blogs in the Genre Favorites Blogfest!


Madeleine Sara said...

Congrats on the book launch. I love that title!
Most of your choices are new to me. I also enjoyed Avatar.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope your tour is a big success!
Never thought of Petty as a sweater before. Wonder how he feels about that?
Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

LD Masterson said...

Best of luck with your book launch.

I'm with you on favorite movies for different holidays. Some just have to be watched every year, no matter what genre they are.

Jeremy [HWR Curator] said...

bravo to the list and best of luck!

Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

Sherry Ellis said...

Good luck with your book launch! Nora Jones is an awesome singer!

Gwen Gardner said...

I love your book title - good luck on the tour. I have Tom Petty on my ipod - an oldie but goodie:)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

I LIKE the way you think. No one is EVER too old to do something new. Good luck with the launch and have FUN doing it.

The Golden Eagle said...

Good luck with your launch! :)

I keep meaning to read something by Dean Koontz. I see his name around often enough!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on your book launch. Your favorites are really varied and interesing.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Cate, I loved Avatar! It's a thing I would have loved to do, become someone like that and travel around the forest like they did!

Congrats on Death! I'm going to check it out. I liked the premise. I've got so many books on the TBR pile. Almost as tall is my review pile. Good lord--I need to ease back on those. Not enough hours in the day--at least for the next couple of months.


Angela Brown said...

Wonderful news about your blog tour. I've always loved Death as Bitch's cover. Very nice.

Jeremy Bates said...

I agree with you. My musical tastes are preferable to rock, but I like most all of it save for most rap, depending on my mood or the setting.

Same goes for movies. I pretty much like horror and action, but anything that is done well is all good to me.


Cate Masters said...

As always, I am a day late, at least. Thanks to everyone for sharing your favorites! It was neat to see the variety. I'm glad so many have eclectic tastes like me.

And thanks for the good wishes for Death's blog tour! She's going to need a vacation after this week. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Cate,

Stopped by from the bloghop. Congrats on the book!

I like your blog and varied tastes. New follower and hope to visit on a regular basis.

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hello, Cate. How are you? Thanks for sharing. Thanks to the crazy day job I have it's taking me forever to get through the list. *sigh* Anyway, I love talking music and I noticed you listed "The Boss" and Tom Petty. I like older Petty vs mid/late 80's stuff. Bruce is one that I have really had trouble getting into. However, I think "Born to Run" is one of the great all-time songs. I could listen to it everyday. I also love "Rosalita". I guess I'd better go back and listen to him until I figure him out, huh?