Friday, November 23, 2012

Deanna Jewel introduces Nathaniel Clairmont of No Turning Back

Thank you for stopping in to learn about my books and more about me. I write multi-genre romance and being an Indie author allows me to write in the genre of my choice. This works exceptionally well for me because the characters who tap on my shoulders and live in my mind aren’t all from historical or contemporary time periods. My first love for reading is historical and when Nathaniel Clairmont began giving me bits and pieces of his life story, he showed me England, took me on a tour of his ship and then through his family castle that overlooked the ocean atop a rocky precipice.


His story is my historical novel that takes place in England 1778, No Turning Back, and he’s here with me this week so you can learn about his story, too. I'm pretty excited today about having Captain Nathaniel Clairmont here to chat with us for a bit. I've pulled him from the pages and I know he can't stay long. He's my handsome hero from No Turning Back, a respected ship captain, friend and breeder of horses, he loves to ride, but loves the ocean just as much. And here’s a secret - he’s also a Duke!


Another note to all readers out there…the characters from No Turning Back are reincarnated in my new contemporary upcoming release, Whispers at Ghost Point! More about that after the interview plus news about my contests, so I hope you read all the way through today! Thanks for being here with me!






Deanna:  Nathan, your home in Scarborough, England sounds like a wonderful place, overlooking the ocean. How long has the castle been in your family?

Nathan:
 The fortress has been in my family for over one hundred years. A castle's structure is cold and damp so I do what I can to keep it warm and comfortable inside. I've done some reconstruction inside and out due to the age so it won't crumble down around me. I've collected tapestries from around the world and those hang on the walls to help keep the heat inside. I enjoy walking out on the parapets that look out onto the water, to listen to the crashing waves on warm summer evening.

Deanna:
  With all your travels and time at court with the King, I envision all types of women wanting to get to know you better. Tell us what you look for in a woman who might interest you.

Nathan:
  *Nathan rubs his chin as he thinks about an answer*  I would have to start with height. I like tall women, with a nice smile but doesn't constantly giggle and chatter. Is that a good start? I want to be able to read her eyes, the windows to a woman's soul. I'm a fairly good judge of character. I like a smart woman who is able to hold a conversation; beauty is nice but there is more to a female than good looks.

Deanna:
  Well that gives us a list of attributes to start with. My readers place themselves in the heroine's character you know; they all want to be in my story with YOU! Are you the type of man who doesn't like getting tied down to one relationship, play the field, so to speak?

Nathan:
  *he gives us a deep laugh* I don't have time to play the field, Deanna. The King keeps me pretty busy at court or traveling on his behalf and when I'm not doing that, I'm at my home where I breed beautiful horses. The woman of my dreams will share that love with me. I like to think of myself as a one-woman man and our love will last a lifetime, if I'm lucky enough to find that.

Deanna:
  So…have you found the woman of your dreams, Nathan?

Nathan:
  I can't answer that without giving things away, now can I. *he gives me a sexy wink*  I've had my share of women in my life but I want to settle down one day, to have children, someone to leave my home to.

Deanna:
  When you're on the ocean...sailing...are you at home there? Do you feel in control of something larger than life?

Nathan:
  I was raised aboard ships. My father took me with him when he sailed and I learned how to read the water, to know when I don't have control because the sea takes orders from no one. A captain depends on a good crew to help keep the ship safe and I have that in my crew. I trust them with my life.

Deanna:
  We all have enemies. Care to enlighten us about a few of yours?

Nathan:
  Hmmm.....Langley has been a thorn in my side since childhood. We didn't necessarily run in the same circles of London society, but he did attend some of the same entertainment and events such as a local ball or two. He was jealous of the ease at which I could talk with women and there were a few females I guess one could say I turned in my direction and away from him. His jealous nature is also part of the reason he can't keep a woman; that and he's bloody greedy.

Deanna:
  Nathan, thank you for taking the time to be here with us. I know our readers have been thrilled to know you a little better. Can you stick around for a few questions?

Nathan:
  I can do that. I can't wait to hear what questions they might have for me!

Deanna:
  I can't be responsible for their actions or questions, you know! So be prepared...we look forward to it. Again, thank you!

Nathan:
  My pleasure!

Deanna:
  Everyone, thank you for stopping in today. I hope we’ve been able to add one more book to your shelves and TBR list. No Turning Back in e-format is on sale for a limited time for .99! Now, who has a question for Nathan or myself? Don’t forget to enter my contests below!






Upcoming release of Whispers at Ghost Point

The book will be out in e-format before mid-December and in paperback in late December or January! Whispers’ is a contemporary story that reincarnates my characters from No Turning Back and brings them to the present time. Dana is my heroine who is obsessed with an abandoned lighthouse in Wilmington, NC and she dreams of renovating it for a bed and breakfast but she can’t get through to the owner. She’s also realized there is a ghost in the lighthouse tower who has plans for her! Can a ghost from her past destroy her future? Check my website to learn more and I hope you click over HERE to read Chapter One and watch the book trailer!






To enter my book tour CONTEST, click HERE 
The drawing will be Dec 10th
Below is my other contest where one lucky winner will receive the beaded book thong!