Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Scifi alert! Blood Alert is now available


Born with a strange addiction, Cham needs a pint or two of blood on a regular basis to stay alive, healthy and solid. To make a miserable life worse, most everyone around him, except for his sister Kylee, overlook him as if he’s not clearly there. If not for the rage and questions pushing at him, he’d wonder if he really exists.
Cham’s mother died giving birth to him, leaving him and four-year-old Kylee in the hands of an angry, uncaring father. From the moment his infant fingers clutched hers, Kylee has been determined to protect him from the visible and invisible monsters.
After fleeing an abusive home, their lives revolve around stealing what Cham needs to survive. When he confides detail about a man from their past no one but he could see, Kylee refuses to leave him or let him fade into insanity. All is fine in their little world, until the cops arrest her for theft, and hallucinations do much worse than torment his memory.
They become so violently real, Cham wishes it was as simple as throwing himself in a padded cell. 

Blood Alert is a science fiction adventure novel for adult audience. Contains violence and some profanity. The timeline follows after Incoming Alert.
No vampires, weres, zombies, fey, or previously known supernaturals were used or otherwise harmed in the making of this novel.

Available at Amazon

Author Bio
Sci-fi, paranormal, thriller, sweet to spicy romance, indefinable, I’m an author who mixes up genres. Published with MuseitUp, Decadent Publishing, and I have a four book series inde-published, and am working on another series with two novels out of three released. 
I was born in upstate New York, land of cows, snow, drizzle and sometimes a ray of sun. I spent my childhood reading everything I could get my hands on. Adolescence found me questioning the validity of everything I read, along with acquiring the usual scars of high school.
Early twenties, I headed for the Pacific. A stop off to visit a friend in the desert turned into years in Tucson, Arizona. I worked as a waitress, bartender, greenhouse worker, greyhound trainer, while swapping a psych major for one in plant sciences at the University of Arizona. 

My late twenties found me running family owned greenhouses and florist shops in New York. When the reality of retail life became too mundane to handle, I began an obsessive love of creating more interesting worlds.
Blog        Facebook       Web Site


Congrats to Arlene on her release! I had the pleasure of beta reading this fantastic, original book. The cover should hook you, but once you begin reading, its unusual plot and characters will keep you hooked!