Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 1 is done!

Most normal people don't mark the end of the first week of November by partying. Writers who signed up for NaNoWriMo are a little different than most. :)

The end of week 1 is a cause for celebration! We pause to check our progress, encourage one another, do a very fast happy dance and - most importantly - get back to writing.

If I can remember, I'll post my updated word count here. :) But as of Wednesday evening, I'd just crossed 16k. Okay progress, but I really need to stay ahead because I have to go out of town the weekend of November 23-24. Yikes, the pressure

So my personal goal is to hit the halfway mark this weekend - at least 25k.

Are you a NaNoer this year? How's it going?


7 comments:

Yolanda Renee said...

Yes celebrate!

I was moving at a pretty good rate and then yesterday I barely posted 750 words. I broke the cardinal rule of NaNo and started to re-write. Oops!
Wishing you much success and the reaching of your goal by holiday time!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You can do it! That will place you way ahead.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wow, super job, Cate. I'm betting on you.

Cate Masters said...

Thanks guys! I'm hoping to finish the first story in a week or so. I'm worried the second one will trip me up. Positive thoughts help! :)

DMS said...

I am not doing NaNo- but I wish everyone the best of luck! It sounds like things are going well for you so far. Hoping you have a very productive week. You can do it!
Jess

LD Masterson said...

Stay with it. You'll get there.

Cate Masters said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Jess and Linda :)