Monday, October 19, 2015

D.L. Jackson brings sweet treats to the party


Cate: D.L. Jackson’s here today for my special Halloween celebration. D.L., please tell us a little bit about yourself.
D.L.: I’m an Army vet, which influences a lot of my romances. I write military, contemporary, paranormal, dystopian and science fiction romance and erotic romance. I’ve been writing for about ten years and published my first story about nine years ago.

Cate: Very cool. What do you love most about Halloween?
D.L.: The costumes, the trick-or-treaters and the spooky factor. Love the scary shows this time of year.

Cate: So fun, isn't it? Do you have a favorite memory of a Halloween past?
D.L.: My mother used to always make our costumes, would spend hours sewing them. We had the coolest costumes, so when I had children of my own, I did the same. My favorites were the tin man and scare crow from the Wizard of Oz and a gold lame dragon.

Cate: Wow, that's amazing. Have you ever had an unusual experience you couldn’t explain?
D.L.: Unusual, yes. Unexplained? No. I believe in ghosts and spirits so to me they’re not a mystery.

Cate: What frightens you the most?
D.L.: Sociopaths. The fact that in your lifetime, an average of 680k murders will take place in the United States, even more scary, you will more than likely walk past at least one of these killers, or worse, have an encounter with one.

Cate: Ever gone on a ghost tour? Or ghost hunting on your own?
D.L.: Yes. My brother has the creepy hobby of photographing haunted sites and likes to drag me along when I’m home. Some of the images we’ve downloaded from the camera after visiting, are downright chilling. Not there when we snapped them.

Cate: Oh, I'd love to see those! :) Now for the real goodies! Please tell us about your latest release, and where readers can find it online.
D.L.: My latest release is called Waking Beauty, a F/F 1Night Stand story.
Best place to get it is Amazon, but you can also pick it up at any major retailer or eBooks.

Cate: Care to share a blurb or excerpt?
D.L.: Here you go.

Blurb: Once upon a time, a beautiful combat helicopter pilot crashed to the earth. For weeks she lies sleeping, waiting for her princess to wake her from her slumber.
Chris Carlson, her heroine and a shy school teacher, comes to her rescue, by contacting Madame Eve to make all her dreams come true. Little does she know, the one magical kiss that wakes beauty will also start a snowball reaction, one which will change her life forever.
Sometimes, life’s greatest challenges also bring the biggest blessings, and when you walk through fire, it makes you appreciate what you fought for so much more.
Chris is about to step into an inferno.

Cate: What inspired you to write about the theme?
D.L.: I think love stories come in all shapes and sizes, and from different backgrounds, including the military tales. I really wanted to tell the story of two women, who beat the odds to discover true love was waiting at the end of their trials.

Cate: Love it. Anything else you’d like to share?
D.L.: Thank you for having me.

Cate: Oo, readers, D.L. has a treat for you!
D.L.: To celebrate, I’ll give away a $10.00 Gift Certificate to Amazon to one lucky commenter on this post. I will draw a winner on Halloween and announce on the post. Be sure to leave an email so I can contact you if I should pull your name from the hat.