Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sandra Cox has a Ghost for Sale!


Cate: Please welcome Sandra Cox to my special Halloween celebration. Sandra, please tell us a little bit about yourself.
Sandra: Hi, everyone. I’m thrilled to be here with Cate and her great group of followers.  About me….I’m afraid there’s nothing titillating or exciting. I’m a vegetarian, an animal lover, FINALLY retired from my day job and I’m a Muay Thai enthusiast.  And I’ve been writing forever. Grin.

Cate: What do you love most about Halloween?
Sandra: The spirit of it. Grin. Pun intended. Kids and adults alike get into this holiday with great costumes, goodies, spooky decorations. It’s just a lot of fun.

Cate: Do you have a favorite memory of a Halloween past?
Sandra: Every year was fun when the kids were young, all good memories.

Cate: Have you ever had an unusual experience you couldn’t explain?
Sandra: Years ago, I was taking a nap and when I woke up, there was ‘what appeared to be’ a stranger on the other side of the room. Whether it was truly a specter or my imagination, I have no idea. But at the time, it scared the bejesus out of me.

Cate: Yikes! I bet. What frightens you the most?
Sandra: Okay, I admit it. I’m afraid of the dark.

Cate: Ever gone on a ghost tour? Or ghost hunting on your own?
Sandra: I went on a haunted bus tour in Savannah, Georgia. It was all kinds of fun.

Cate: I love them too. Tell us about your latest release, and where readers can find it online.
Sandra: Just in time for All Hallows Eve, Ghost For Sale was released the end of September. Here’s the blurb:
Caitlin King can’t believe that her shopaholic cousin actually bought two ghosts off of eBay. But she can’t ignore the truth when she starts seeing sexy Liam O’Reilly, who’s been dead for over a hundred years. He’s a fascinating specter, and the more time Caitlin spends with him, the closer they become—sending them both spiraling into a star-crossed tailspin. No matter how desperately they long for each other, there’s just no future with a guy who’s already stopped breathing.
As far as where it can be purchased, thanks for asking Cate.


Cate: Very cool. Care to share a blurb or excerpt?
Sandra:

Excerpt
As we reached the car, my breath went out in a whoosh. Arms and legs crossed, Liam leaned against the shiny Corvette. The street lamp limned his high sharp cheekbones and sparked the blue highlights in his hair. Plain black cotton trousers framed long legs. My heart tightened and my bones loosened. He was just so darn pretty, in a manly-man sort of way.
His stormy eyes shifted to me. He stared, unsmiling.
The ghost was still in a snit. Well fine, I was in a bit of a snit myself.
We drove home in silence. I glanced in the rearview mirror. Liam stared straight ahead, his arms crossed, pensive. At least he wasn’t white knuckling the side of the car. How strange this must seem to him.
I surfed the satellite radio till I found a channel that played old Irish ballads.
A beatific expression came over his face, making my breath catch. How could a man be so good-looking? Maybe it was a ghost thing. His expression changed to one of abject terror. “Watch out,” he shouted at the top of his lungs.
I turned the wheel sharply to the right, just missing a little old lady driving a bright red sports car. She laid on her horn and stuck her third digit out the window.
Liam stared, his gorgeous mouth open. I think a senior citizen giving me the finger shocked him worse than my driving.

Cate: What inspired you to write about the theme?
Sandra: Several years ago, when there was still a lot of wacky stuff being sold on eBay, I was half-listening to the news and writing, and I heard one of those quick blurbs that I hadn’t heard before or since, about someone selling a ghost on eBay.  The idea stuck and hense…Ghost For Sale.

Cate: Anything else you’d like to share?
Sandra: I’d just like to thank you for having me today. I’ve enjoyed spending time with you and your wonderful followers.

Cate: Thanks for joining the party! Readers, Sandra has a treat for you!
Sandra: I’ll be giving out I Love Ghosts buttons to the first five people who shoot me an email @ sandracox1@gmail.com.  On the header please put Cate and Ghosts and your snail addie in the body of the email.

Cate: How fun! Happy Halloween, Sandra!