Monday, January 11, 2010

Another contract with Whiskey Creek Press!

The New Year is off and running! This weekend, I received a contract for my novel, The Bridge Between!

Here's part of the pitch I sent to Whiskey Creek:

In The Bridge Between, photojournalist Jessie Moore returns to her hometown when a friend dies of AIDS. When Jessie reconnects with past love Billy Black, he fuels her artistic passion, too.

The story is set in my hometown of Lambertville, New Jersey, an arts community across the Delaware River bridge from New Hope, Pennsylvania. Similar to Richard Russo’s Empire Falls, the town follows its own story arc and is almost a character itself.

A work of women’s fiction, The Bridge Between is complete at 108,000 words.


These shots I took in Lambertville a few years ago. You may recognize the images from my trailer for Seventh Heaven, also set in Lambertville/New Hope. :)

So the novel is, in part, another homage to my hometown. Literally, these shots depict The Bridge Between, though for my novel, the phrase is meant metaphorically.