Tuesday, June 8, 2010

In the Author Spotlight: Michele Hart

Cate: Please welcome Michele Hart. Michele, will you tell us about Zero-G and where it's available.
Michele: Zero-G is a Sci-Fi Romance novella about two people who’d spent their high school years hiding their feelings for one another. Twenty years later, the estranged friends find themselves together and alone, but with high walls built between them. A terrifying brush with death changes everything.
Zero-G is a part of 28 Days of Heart collection brought to you by All Romance e-Books. All proceeds from the sale of Zero-G goes to the American Heart Association. Read for charity!
Find Zero-G here: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-zerog-402480-143.html

Cate: Sounds compelling! And what a wonderful cause. Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.
Out of this world...
Maggie Gates was madly in love with shy Will Hudson in high school, but he never made his move.

Two decades later, they’re trapped on a lunar space station for eleven days. A relationship between the two should be off limits, but that isn’t stopping Will from setting his sights on Maggie for conquest in the cosmos. 

The shy boy she knew is gone, and this man possesses the will to storm her gates. Now he has the Moon and stars on his side. And Death at the door.



Cate: How do you develop your plots and characters?
Michele: I’m mainly a Sci-Fi Romance writer, so I’ll most often start off with a technology that interests me, and I’ll study as much of it as I can. Then I think of the people who work around that technology, and the dangers that arise from it. A sprinkling of human nature applied and a story grows from it.

Cate: Do you feel as if the characters live with you as you write? Do they haunt your dreams?
Michele: When I’m in my writing frenzy, I imagine they are alive in another reality and living the story. I’m just peeking in to write what I see. I don’t think I’ve ever dreamt about them. Maybe I have and don’t remember.

Cate: Any other published works?
Michele: I have an Erotic Romantic Suspense novel out now called Looks Are Deceiving, brought to you by Siren-Bookstrand Publishing. For the Greek myth lovers out there, I have a Comedy Fantasy Romance novella written for Thalia, the muse of comedy, called No Funny Stuff!, available at The Wild Rose Press. I have a Romantic Suspense called Mind-Blown coming in August ’10, and a Sci-Fi Romantic Suspense Luminous Nights coming in September ’10, both from Siren-Bookstrand. It’s a tricky juggling act. : - )

Cate: I hear ya! But you're welcome back later to tell us more about those releases. Describe your writing in three words.
Michele: Action, humor, exotic situations. Wait, that’s four words. Can I cheat like that? I’m not being graded on this, am I? I could have sworn you said four.

Cate: Words, phrases - who's counting. :) What’s the most challenging aspect of writing? Most rewarding?
Michele: Most challenging… Sometimes when the story stops coming, it’s my brain demanding a break from the story fever. It’s very challenging to take that break and not to keep pushing for the story. Most rewarding? The moment I get to hold the book. For an author, nothing replaces the first moment you get to hold the book.

Cate: What’s the most interesting comment you have received about your books?
Michele: A reviewer in her posted review once suggested I write a sequel for my Romantic Suspense novel Looks Are Deceiving. That was a big surprise to me as I hadn’t given it thought at all before her suggestion. It was a good feeling.

Cate: Who are some of your favorite authors and books? What are you reading now?
Michele: I love Alisha Paige, who writes great paranormals. I’m a big fan of Kate Macalister (You Slay Me does just that), Angela Knight (I’ve worn out my copy of Jane’s Warlord), Jennifer Estep (everything she writes). Right now, I’m rereading Alisha Paige’s Canyon Wolf Bride, my favorite werewolf book.

Cate: Where can you be found on the web?
Michele: Look for me and my stories at:
http://www.ILoveShapeShifters.com/

Thanks, Cate, for a day on your blog to blab about my work. Air kisses to all the readers out there! Keep reading and support the American Heart Association.

Cate: Readers, Michele Hart is giving away a copy of her novella No Funny Stuff! to a random commenter... so start commenting. Michele will draw the winner’s name, notify the winner, and post the winner’s name here.
I read No Funny Stuff! and it's a wonderful story - fun, witty and sharp - like Michele! So don't miss out - show Michele some love with a comment!
Thanks for being my guest, Michele.