Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ella Jade in the Author Spotlight


Cate: Please welcome Ella Jade. Ella will you please share a short bio with us?
Ella:
Ella Jade has been writing for as long as she can remember. As a child, she often had a notebook and pen with her and now as an adult, the laptop is never far. The plots and dialogue have always played out in her head, but she never knew what to do with them. That all changed about two years ago when she found a fan fiction website and decided to spin her own version of a popular vampire series. That experience gave her the courage to start submitting her own original stories to publishers.

Ella resides in New Jersey with her husband and two young boys. When she's not chasing after her kids, she's busy writing, kickboxing and scrapbooking. She hope's you'll get lost in her words.



Cate: Hello to a fellow Jersey girl! Tell us about Jocelyn’s Choice and where it's available.

Ella: My YA Romance Jocelyn's Choice was released in June with Noble Young Adult Publishing. It’s a story of young love, the firsts that go along with it and how choices have consequences. Although it falls under the YA category the story is still meant for the 18 and over crowd.



Cate: Sounds great. Please tantalize us with a story blurb or excerpt.

Ella: Jocelyn Andrews, a shy, awkward, high school senior, has never even been on a date until she meets Alex Jordon, the older, more experienced brother of her best friend Evan. Jocelyn falls hard for the charming player and wants to explore all of the “firsts” that go along with young love. Alex has no problem showing her what she's been missing.
Alex is captivated by young, innocent Jocelyn and to his own surprise, only has eyes for her. One night of careless passion leads to a life-altering dilemma. Alex must head back to Yale to finish an internship, having no idea what he's left behind. Jocelyn must decide what to do on her own, forcing her to grow up much faster than she anticipated.
Reality sets in, decisions are made and Jocelyn has to live with her choices. Alex returns home to more than he ever bargained for. Young love has never been more complicated as they deal with a teen pregnancy, social barriers, and concerned family members. Life sometimes throws a curve ball, but the unexpected isn't always bad. You can find an excerpt here.

Cate: Wonderful. Can you tell us why we're going to love your hero?
Ella: Alex is such a sweetie. In the beginning he comes off as a real player but one date with Jocelyn and that changes everything. He falls hard for the young heroine. He'd do anything for her including standing by the choices she needs to make. He's a supportive, caring and loving man and just wants to do right by his girl and own up to his mistakes. He's adorable!



Cate: Very cool. Tease us with one little thing about your fictional world that makes it different from others.
Ella: While Jocelyn's Choice deals with some pretty tough issues (teen pregnancy being one of them) I wanted the novel to be romantic and whimsical. I'm all about the HEA and this story has a "Cinderella" feel.



Cate: What's next for you?
Ella: I'm releasing a BDSM Romance next week with Beachwalk Press. Here's a little taste of what it's about…

Shy, awkward receptionist Katherine Sierra wants to explore her sexually submissive side. She has no idea what she's gotten herself into when she attends a play party and submits an application to one of the most experienced Doms in the room. She's new to the BDSM world but is eager to learn.

Successful businessman and hardcore Dominant Lucas Cain knows his way around a playroom and doesn't normally take on brand new subs. He's apprehensive to train someone so innocent, but the more time he spends with Katherine the more intrigued he becomes. She'll allow him to push every boundary until she proves she's the one. She may be everything he's been searching for.

What happens when Luke requests his friend/mentor Colin join them in the playroom for an evening of fun? Will Kat's true feelings for Luke surface? Seeing Kat with Colin might change everything. Can Luke break his own rule and fall in love with his sub?

You can look for it here… http://beachwalkpress.com/


Cate: What inspired you to draft your first story?
Ella: I've always been a writer. I was constantly writing short stories but I never knew what to do with them. About two years ago I started writing fan fiction and picked up a pretty big following and made some great friends. The success I found over on that forum gave me the courage to want to get serious about my original works, so here I am!



Cate: Do you have a writing routine?
Ella: I try!  I have two young boys who were home all summer so that blew my schedule right out the window. I like to write at night when the house is quiet and everyone is asleep. I try to get in at least three hours a night, but after a crazy day with my boys I'm usually falling asleep after two hours.

Cate: I know the feeling! Where can readers find you on the web?
Ella:  I love making new friends so please follow me at http://ellajadeauthor.blogspot.com/

You can also connect with me on FB and twitter via the blog.

I also have my author forum over on http://coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1778

Cate: Is there anything you’d like to ask our readers?
Ella: I'm a newbie to the Ebooks world but I love making friends and chatting, so please feel free to connect with me. I'd love hearing from you, so feel ask me a question, leave a comment or just say hello!

Cate: Readers, Ella Jade is giving away copy of Jocelyn’s Choice to a random commenter... so start commenting. She'll pick a winner next weekend and announce the winner here.
Thanks so much for being my guest Ella! Best of luck to you.