Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday teaser - Cursed

A hint of sweet wine tinged the air as she said, “I’ve never met anyone like you.”
Not likely she ever would. I smirked beneath my mask. “Is that a compliment?”
“I think so.” She reached up and touched my Bauta. “But you conceal your true self.”
Tempting to allow her to remove the mask, to reveal my true self. Instead, I stayed her hand with mine. “As does everyone at Carnevale. Is that not the point?”
Her fingers caressed mine, and she sighed.
I couldn’t allow her palpable disappointment to put me on the defensive again. “Come. Let’s explore together.” Grasping her hands, I drew her into the hallway.
Reluctance weighed her steps at first, but then she glided freely along, lifting my spirit higher. Had she judged the risk worthwhile?
I knew exactly how she felt. My pulse raced, a steady hum of excitement vibrating through my veins. I wanted this woman, wanted her to abandon herself with me as she did while wielding her fire wands. I would be the one to unleash the wildness within her, and the one to tame it.
A growl rumbled in my chest before I could stifle it.
She gasped and slowed, staring at me.
I wrapped my arm around her waist and led her outside. Too late for second thoughts. She was mine.


Or buy here :)
Decadent Publishing’s new Tease line