Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cd Brennan spills the beans


Hi, Cd! So glad to have you at Spilling the Beans, where we can learn a little bit about you, and your book. Grab a cappuccino and let’s chat. Unless you have another favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)? 
Glass of red wine in the evening. I’m smitten. But I’m all for a cuppa. 

Fur or feathers, pet-wise? 
Fur, a collie-mix named Matey for our Australian side. 

So cute! Any pet peeves? One thing that really burns your biscuits? 
Tardiness. People who are late. It drives me bonkers. If I make an effort to be there for them as agreed on time, I feel it’s disrespectful when others regard your time as not as important as theirs. That’s how I read it. Sometimes, things happen, things come up, but that’s the rare occurrence. Mostly, they just aren’t considerate enough. 

Yep, my parents raised me the same way. Tell us something about yourself that’s not in your bio. Spill! 
I used to do yacht racing and horse riding when I lived in Ireland. It sounds posher than it was. I was always broke back then! I just wiggled my way into knowing the right groups LOL who are still some of my best mates in the world. 

Sounds like a dream. What do you like to do when you’re not writing? 
I love spending time with my young boys. They keep me active, right now at the beach, park, fishing, trampoline. I need it! Or my arse is going to get huge sitting on this seat all day. 

My grandboys work me hard too. :) If you had to choose another profession besides writer, what would it be and why?
I love my job as an editor right now. I really enjoy working with the authors, managing the projects, really making those books shine. I learn something new every day and I’m right in the midst of the industry. And it’s the perfect job for having two little ones around the house. I’m always there for them when they are sick, or on snow days, or just when they need a hug or to play. I can make up my hours on naps and at night, or weekends if my hubby takes them without me. The flexibility is invaluable at the moment. 

Are you a night owl or early bird?
Early bird. Even before my boys came along, one who still insists on getting up at 6:30AM. But if I need to get work done, the morning is better. I don’t know how night owls do it. All my energy and creativity is sapped by the evening. 

If you could have one superpower, what would it be? 
Health and body. Never get sick and eat whatever I like and not worry about it! LOL 

Great idea! How would your muse describe you? 
She’s a complete eejit. I don’t understand her one bit. 

Ha, I don't believe that. :) If you could live out any fantasy, what would you do? 
Oh sweet divine, I live them out in my head every day. I’m still a daydreamer after all these years. I can’t pick just one. But lately I’ve been dreaming of the little hobby farm my hubby and I want. Not quite super-exciting, but ya see, I’ve seen the world already, traveled for years and lived overseas. I’ve fallen in love with a foreign man in an exotic local. I’ve done adventure sports. I’ve climbed mountains. I’ve gone on safari. I’ve sang until my throat hurt at an Irish pub. I’ve spent a NYE in Scotland, and surfed in Australia. So now, I’d like to stop moving so fast and get back to the earth. We want a few buffalo and grow some hay and have a garden. We’d like our boys to know how to work outdoors and appreciate it. I’d like to bake bread and can foods and sew a quilt (you do sew them, right?). I’ll always be a traveler, it’s in my blood, but I’d also like to set up a HOME. A frickin’ great one.



If only I could go all the places in real life I've gone in my head... ahhh. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

One time at band camp… But seriously, I did go to band camp, I was a trumpet geek. But that’s not when all the crazy started. That happened later when alcohol was involved. LOL But one time when I was visiting Venice, I was sitting on the edge of one of the canals writing in my journal, and an Italian man offered to take me for a ride on his speedboat around Venice. Just me and him. That could have gone horribly wrong. What the heck was I thinking? Yes, my early twenties were “learning years.” 

Yikes, lol. Luckily he must've been a good guy. Where can readers find out more about you? 
www.cdbrennan.com or any of my social media. I’m always yakking away somewhere. 
https://www.facebook.com/CdBrennanauthor
www.twitter.com/CdBrennanauthor 
www.goodreads.com/CdBrennan
www.pinterest.com/cdbrennan2012 

Please tell us a bit about your latest book. 
A WORLD APART
She left home to find herself...and found love along the way.

Lizzy travels to Scotland to track down her roots, hoping where she comes from will help her figure out where she needs to go. An Aussie girl through and through, tough as nuts and a bit wild, she believes there’s nothing so wonderful as a world seen through wine-tinted glasses...
...until she meets Hottie Hamish, Bridge of Allan’s most eligible bachelor.
Hamish is Lizzy’s polar opposite in every way. He’s serious, driven, and motivated, focused on becoming the youngest associate professor at the Glasgow School of Art. But he’s hiding a social phobia behind his gruff exterior that makes it almost impossible to connect with people...
...until he meets Lost Lizzy, all sunshine and lightness, an Australian beauty with the proverbial heart of gold.
Where they come from may be worlds apart, but atop a Scottish Munro, they begin to realize where they’re going is best traveled side by side.



CONTENT WARNING: Graphic descriptions of haggis ingredients.
A Lyrical Press New Adult Romance



Don't miss out on this special sale!


Thanks for spilling the beans today, Cd! Best of luck with your books!