Friday, September 19, 2014

Fun with book videos 101

Some people say book videos are a waste of time. I have a lot of fun creating them, so for me, that's another creative outlet and not a waste at all. Plus it's one more way to condense my story line into a few short, snappy sentences - a great practice for writers.

Finding the right music always enhances the project, and I'm very grateful to Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech for offering a great selection of free music.

But does anyone actually watch them? Well, it depends. Sometimes. I've had wonderful videos ignored until they find the right venue.

So I'm very grateful to Robin Covington for featuring Goddess, Awakened on her 'Must See Book Trailers' column at USA Today! The views shot up from less than 20 to more than 90 in a few hours. And I get to share the spotlight with cool authors like Robyn Peterman and Elle Rush, another plus!

In other news...

My Halloween event's taking shape nicely, mwahahaha *rubs hands* Nearly every single day of October has been filled with authors sharing spooky stories, delicious treat recipes, and giveaways! It's going to be lots of spooky fun, so be sure to visit.

And if you're an author and would like a spot, I still have two left. Email me!