Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Changes and news and more excitement than I can handle

I love publishers who put their authors first. One such publisher is Decadent Publishing, which has released 14 of my stories. They've recently changed hands, with familiar faces stepping up into the lead, and I'm excited for where they'll take the business from here. One step has been to revamp their web site, and while tracking down all the sales links for my stories, I came to a halt when it came to Dead to Rights.

This novel's a paranormal, but not a romance. More an action-adventure with mythology and the mystical. It didn't really make sense to have that story under my romance pen name. So I requested the rights back from Decadent. The transition was smooth and quick. I revamped the cover - I think it came out pretty well, don't you? It has kind of a graphic novel-y feel.
Then I re-released the book under my other pen name, C.A. Masterson, because it just fit better.

And I moved the description to my other blog, Painted Fire.

So far, it's available on Smashwords, but will soon be dispersed to affiliate sales sites.

After some consideration, I decided to likewise re-release Death Is A Bitch on my own. Likewise, Decadent released the rights to me last year without any qualms, for which I am grateful. And likewise, I created a new cover and think it looks pretty cool. What do you think?

After revising and expanding the original story by about 15k, I self-published it just this week. So far it's on Smashwords but will eventually appear on other sites such as Barnes and Noble.

But I'm really excited that the new version will also be print. *squee!* Just this morning, I ordered the print proof, and can't wait to see it. And hold it. And hug it.

I wish I could have copies for the Local Author Festival in Hershey this weekend, but that can't happen. Guess I'll have to add more events!

And I hope to see some of your smiling faces in Hershey this Saturday. The event runs from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. More details are here.