Thursday, June 24, 2010

Author Chat with Sherry Soule

Hi Sherry! So glad to have you at Author Chat, where we can learn a little bit about you, and your book, Beautifully Broken.
Sherry: Glad to be here!

Grab a cappuccino and let’s chat. Unless you have another favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
Sherry: Nope. Sounds yummy!

Fur or feathers, petwise?
Sherry: Fur! (I’m partial to cats)

Any pet peeves? One thing that really burns your biscuits?
Sherry: People who author bash. Unprofessional.

I agree, and uncalled for. Favorite quote?
Sherry: “If there's a book you really want to read but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.” –Toni Morrison

Great advice! Love her. What’s your ideal day like?
Sherry:  Wake up. Drink lots of flavored coffee. Pet cat. Check emails. Write. Watch a scary movie. Get into bed to read for 2 hours before sleep.

Sounds great, except for the scary movie part, lol. I’m a chicken. If you could live out any fantasy, what would you do?
Sherry: Have Damien or Spike the vampire as my boyfriend for a day. Er, I mean—night! he he

Beethoven, Beatles, Foo Fighters or Keith Urban?
Sherry: Foo Fighters

I love them too. :) Do you have a music playlist for your book?
Sherry: Not really. I listened to a lot of Linkin Park.

Which of your characters would you most/least to invite to dinner, and why?
Sherry: I’d invite Evans (the paranormal investigator) to hear his stories on the supernatural and about the haunted history of Whispering Pines, where the story takes place. (He also has his own blog.)

While creating your books, what was one of the most surprising things you learned?
Sherry: What writers and editors meant by “VOICE.” I didn’t get it before. And I learned a lot by critiquing other writer’s work.

Where can readers find out more about you?
Sherry: Glad you asked!
Official website: http://sherrysoule.com

Please share a book blurb and/or excerpt.
Sherry: One of my favorite scenes is the first meeting between the two protagonists:

For a moment, I ignored the shadows, the fog, and the wraith. As if the moonlight and his gaze had transformed me into something brave and beautiful. Something enchanted like a wildflower in the shade of the forest. We gazed at each other with a fierce unrest. The world had gone still with a seething passion, which agitated the space between our bodies. Night contained only the two of us. Trent’s emerald eyes were half-closed, the pupils huge, and I felt myself falling into them. My body ached. My heart swelled with desire. So many words went unspoken as we lingered in the dark. But all thought and words seemed to slip away.
A car drove past and I blinked, feeling slightly dazed. And under a spell.

Wonderful! Thanks for chatting, Sherry! Best of luck to you.
Sherry: It was an honor and a pleasure, chatting with you! Thank you for having me.