Sunday, February 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - still more Surfacing



Yay, it's Six Sentence Sunday. Thanks to all who checked out my entry last week. Your comments give me a real boost. :)

Here's a little more from my fun contemporary fantasy, Surfacing:

She slid down against his chest, her slow smile burning into his heart.

He waited until her form blurred to nothingness beneath the water, then sat watching the moonlight ripple across the surface. In the distance, she leapt from the sea in a twist, making his heart leap, too, before she plunged and disappeared.

He stood. “Cassiopeia.”

Only the breeze through his wet clothes moved him, singing her name in different variations as he stepped along the rocks.


****

You can read reviews, the excerpt, view the trailer, and even see who I envisioned in the movie roles for Surfacing here.

Check out more wonderfully talented Six Sentence Sunday participants here.

I won't be able to participate next week, but will be back on Feb. 20 with more! And you won't want to miss Feb. 27th, when Six Sentence Sunday throws a birthday bash, with great giveaways, along with the usual great snippets!

26 comments:

Chrystalla said...

Very intriguing, Cate!! I would love to read more!

Arlene said...

Wonderful, how you've weaved AJ's love of music through out Surfacing. Great excerpt!

Sarah Grimm said...

Great six, Cate. You continue to intrigue me with this book. :)

Edie Ramer said...

Great writing and very interesting characters.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Nice! It's strangely heart wrenching. Good job!

Claire Robyns said...

You have a lovely, soothing voice, brilliant.

Lisa Fox said...

Your writing is so beautiful!

Marsha A. Moore said...

Love that sweet moment which lingers with him. Beautiful!

Eve Cassidy said...

Very lovely snippet.

Laurie A. Green said...

So poignant. I can sense his heart aching and the need to put her name to music. I envision Cas leaping from the sea and feel his heart leap with her. Lovely imagery. I have to go check out the trailer. :)

I'll look for more in two weeks.

Eleri Stone said...

Very sweet and a little bit sad.

Bianca Swan said...

I loved the imagery and the emotion. Well done!

Liz said...

Nice six - especially this ...she leapt from the sea in a twist, making his heart leap

Trish said...

Love the smile burning into his heat,- very evocative writing.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Beautiful!

Jayel Kaye said...

LOvely. Really lovely

J.C. Martin said...

What an intriguing premise! And I love your first line!

charmainegordon author said...

Lovely, Cate. Poetic and full of intrigue.

Alanna Coca said...

Nice six, Cate! Love that cover too

D L Jackson said...

Lovely image, Cate.

graylinfox said...

Beautiful imagery!

Joleene Naylor said...

That last sentence is awesome!

Pippa Jay said...

He's got it bad. :)

Casi said...

Mermaids? I'm always up for some mermaid romance.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Wow, I love this! :)

Dee Carney said...

Very poetic. I liked that. :)