Saturday, January 12, 2013

Another blog visit, a blurbfest and news!

Wow, it's been a long time since I didn't have blog posts scheduled ahead, and a long time since I didn't feel pressured to post something. It's very freeing - I'm liking it. :)

On Sunday (it's live now! already Sunday Down Under), I'm going Western with amazing author Cassandra Dean. I hope y'all will mosey on by and say hey.


This weekend, TBR's holding its first blurbfest of 2013 - any and all genres welcome. Come on over and share your book blurb!

News to Happy Dance To

Decadent Publishing contracted my paranormal novella, Cursed! It's extra exciting because I was invited to submit for the launch of their new line, Tease. I am so thrilled this story will be part of it!

Formerly The Vitruvian Man, it's now book 1 of the series by that name. I'm working on a follow-up, tentatively titled Charmed. It's set in contemporary Venice during the 10-day festival of Carnevale, where more goes on than meets the eye, mwahaha.

Here's the short blurb for Cursed:

Ten days of freedom. That’s all Fate had allotted me each year. In the streets of Venice, I could walk among them. Mingle. Belong.

During Carnevale, they had no idea who I was. What I was.

For ten days, it didn’t matter.

Until I met her.

Happy weekend! I hope to get some writing done on Charmed. What are you up to?


Maria Zannini said...

I love this blurb! I think it's your best one yet. And the setting is inspired.

I'm looking forward to this! Any release date yet?

Cate Masters said...

Thanks Maria! I'm excited about it. This world keeps calling me to explore!
I just signed the contract, so haven't started edits yet. Sometime this year! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Cate! You're number one. Literally.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Very intriguing blurb. Congrats on the contract.

DMS said...

Congratulations on your exciting news! I am sooooo happy for you! Happy dance all day! Love the blurb!

Also- glad you are feeling a little free from the blog posts. :)

Cate Masters said...

Aw thanks Stephanie! I'm psyched about it. :) And yep, decided not to pressure myself so much this year!