No matter. Summer's a time to relax and chill out. Hit the deck with some margaritas!
Here's a recipe served by my heroine, Joss Gibson, at her bed and breakfast, Lavender Hill Inn. Joss grows her own lavender but you can purchase culinary lavender (check the label to be sure it's free of chemicals and pollutants). Refreshing and light, it’s a perfect summer drink!
• 1 cup of tequila, to taste (optional)
• ½ cup blue curacao or other orange-flavored liqueur
• 1 cup canned coconut milk
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, unsweetened
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, unsweetened
• 4 cups ice cubes
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon fresh or dried culinary lavender blossoms
• Lime wedge
1. In blender, combine tequila, curacao, coconut milk and lime juice. Cover and mix on high speed. Gradually add raspberries, blueberries, and ice. Mix until margarita mixture is smooth yet slushy.
2. In small bowl, mash sugar and lavender blossoms with a spoon. Rub glass rims with lime wedge to moisten. Dip rims in lavender sugar (or coarse salt), coating evenly.
3. Pour margaritas into glasses. Garnish with lavender sprigs.
4. Enjoy! (Responsibly)
Check out the other blogs in the Summer Chillin' Blog Hop: http://www.inlinkz.com/wpview.php?id=281397 or http://writery.wordpress.com/2013/06/04/summer-chillin-blog-hop-is-almost-here/
One commenter will receive an ebook of my fantasy romance novel, The Magic of Lavender. Be sure to leave your email address!
And I'm planning more goodies exclusive to newsletter subscribers (wink wink nudge nudge). If you'd like to subscribe, just enter your email address in the box at right below the FB widget. :)
Today's also the last day of my blog tour for Cursed, recently released by Decadent Publishing. Follow the link in the post below to enter that Rafflecopter giveaway!
And mark your calendars for June 26 - Cursed will be the Book-A-Day giveaway at All Romance eBooks!