Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall is here!

I love the changing of the seasons, but I'm always especially excited when Fall arrives. I love everything about it - the vivid colors, the last hurrah of the lush flowers, the cheery decorations, pumpkin-flavored drinks and ice creams and breads, yum. Halloween is second only to Christmas and it's been hard to resist getting those decorations out yet.

Okay, so spiders, I'm not so crazy about. Maybe it's just my area, but they are everywhere this year. And they're speedy web builders - the back deck will be clear one night, and the next day, sunlight will glint off many silky threads. They are pretty when the light catches them, especially after a rain, like this one:



But the actual architect of the webs, I can live without. This guy must have a large family, because I'm seeing them more and more:


He has the kind of face that spawn nightmares, doesn't he? If you think he's bad, you should meet our wood spiders. They might be from the film Arachnaphobia, the way they follow your movements when loading logs into the wheelbarrow. Creepy!

Despite the creep factor, you have to admire their work. They create strong, beautiful webs strand by strand. A little like a story...

You knew there was a lead-in...

Today I'm at You Gotta Read Reviews, where I'm discussing (yep) a story or two in an interview. I hope you'll pop over.

And congrats to the winners!

To say it's been a crazy month would be an understatement. More contests are still underway, but congrats to these winners:

Mary Preston won the Cursed book tour giveaway - a $15 gift card

Eva Minaskanian won the TRS 10th Anniversary Celebration giveaway - an ebook of my historical, Betting It All

The Falling Into Romance blog hop had two winners!
Josie Hink won the ebook of Strawberry Kisses by Dominique Eastwick
Judith Cauthan won the ebook of Sweet Cravings by Eva LeFoy

Congrats everyone! Enjoy. :)

Happy Autumn to all!