Monday, October 7, 2013

Forced downtime and October plans

It's the only upside of being sick. All of us, for a week.

It made for a quiet house. And you know what quiet is good for -- writing, and writing-related work. For two of the four stories for which the rights were returned to me this year, I've added about 4k to each.

I also created new covers for both. Here's a peek at the new Ground Rules, my Christmas fantasy.

And Romancing the Hero, another fantasy.

I hope you like them!

Both stories had been published by The Wild Rose Press, and I'm very grateful to them. As I hear more horror stories from authors having to fight for their story rights, I'm doubly grateful. The Wild Rose Press always acted with the greatest professionalism.

Hope you've been healthy - and stay that way!

Be my Halloween guest!

I'm catching up slowly on planning October activities. There are plenty of spooky occurrences all over Pennsylvania, so I'll be sharing some of those.

After the Decadent 1NS celebration, which begins on Oct. 14 and ends on Oct. 20, I'd love to host some Halloween guests. If you're the author of a paranormal, that would work best, but everyone's welcome! Just shoot me an email at cate.masters AT


Yolanda Renee said...

Congratulations on your new improved releases! Such fun to go back and make an old story new! Sorry for the illness, but forced down time is our bodies telling us - it's time for a break! So much better to make them productive too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's good you got the rights back. New covers look great.

Cate Masters said...

It is fun to revisit those stories, Yolands. It feels like seeing old friends again. :)

Thanks Alex!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Nice to hear that about Wild Rose. Hope you're feeling better even if the quiet was good.

Cate Masters said...

Thanks Susan. :)

Maria Zannini said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. And equally amazed that you continued working despite it.

I usually roll into the fetal position until whatever plague passes. :)

Cate Masters said...

Aw thanks Maria. Sometimes I need a little forced downtime to actually focus.

DMS said...

Glad you are feeling better! Sorry to hear that everyone has been sick. It sounds like you were productive during the sick days- so that is excellent. The new covers look fabulous and year for Wild Rose. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cate Masters said...

Maybe we got our flu season over with early. :)
Thanks for the good wishes!