Monday, October 7, 2013

Forced downtime and October plans

It's the only upside of being sick. All of us, for a week.

It made for a quiet house. And you know what quiet is good for -- writing, and writing-related work. For two of the four stories for which the rights were returned to me this year, I've added about 4k to each.

I also created new covers for both. Here's a peek at the new Ground Rules, my Christmas fantasy.



And Romancing the Hero, another fantasy.


I hope you like them!

Both stories had been published by The Wild Rose Press, and I'm very grateful to them. As I hear more horror stories from authors having to fight for their story rights, I'm doubly grateful. The Wild Rose Press always acted with the greatest professionalism.

Hope you've been healthy - and stay that way!

Be my Halloween guest!

I'm catching up slowly on planning October activities. There are plenty of spooky occurrences all over Pennsylvania, so I'll be sharing some of those.

After the Decadent 1NS celebration, which begins on Oct. 14 and ends on Oct. 20, I'd love to host some Halloween guests. If you're the author of a paranormal, that would work best, but everyone's welcome! Just shoot me an email at cate.masters AT gmail.com.