Monday, January 9, 2012

Crazy productive weekend

It's amazing what I can accomplish when I can actually sit in front of a computer all day!

I set up my novella Soul for Sale at CreateSpace to make it available in print.Hopefully the setup has no kinks and the proof copy will soon be in my mailbox. It's for an event that The Mechanicsburg Mystery Bookstore is planning in June, and I may be on the panel. Deb, the owner, is wonderfully supportive of local authors, and always has great events on the shop's schedule.

My crit partners gave me excellent feedback on my Gettysburg ghost story, so that was number one writing priority. Despite my muse's insistence that I start yet another new story, I concentrated on the ghost story. It's been haunting my hard drive for more than a year now. Time to exorcise it! :) The working title is A Guided Tour of The Midnight Hour. What do you think?

My muse tends to act more like a duende anyway. I need to control her better. What? Never heard of a duende? Then you should read my short fantasy, The Duende and the Muse.  :0  Full of Greek mythological figures in a fun present-day setting.

I also requested the rights back to Design for Life, my short contemporary published by The Wild Rose Press. You might yet find it on some secondary sites, but it's gone gone gone from TWRP's site. As with any re-release, I have some reworking ahead on that one, especially because it was part of the Flower Basket Series.

But I did finish the cover - what do you think? The heroine's a fashion designer, so, after hours of sifting through images on Dreamstime, I went for a cute fashion sketch graphic.

It will probably be a slow blogging week. Lots of life stuff happening, so I won't be able to get online much, although there will be three new authors at TBR this week. Hope you'll pop over and make them feel welcome. Please follow TBR too! :)